2013-04-21

Middle-earth

Yesterday evening we had another dance at Raven Park. This time around the dress (and music) theme was Middle-earth.

Thankfully, unlike with the last dance, finding costumes was pretty easy. Miss Vila had already seen one that had been advertised as going to be available at the SL Fantasy Fair and, earlier yesterday, with a bit of minimal sleuthing, we found it. As it happens, even though I'd already sorted myself with an outfit, I ended up with another one there too (from the same shop).

I even sorted myself with a beard. A first for me!


(I should mention that the outfit I'm wearing there is the first one I purchased and, yes, there's a texture issue with the brooch/clasp on the cloak. I dropped the maker a line and he sorted me with a fixed one within a couple of hours -- excellent service. And the fact that I didn't wear it in the end is no reflection on the outfit, it's just that the one I ended up with was 100% mesh and Miss likes to see me in mesh outfits where possible)

The dance itself was loads of fun. Here's a selection of photos:


I really enjoyed the evening. As with the Firefly dance, there was lots of great banter about all things SciFi and fantasy and, on top of that, because many of the people there were builders and makers of things RLV and kinky, there was a good bit of building talk too, with lots of ideas being swapped.

And there was a late appearance of an Easter gag. Well, dragon egg gag. That's what we decided. ;)


Mostly, though, I rather enjoyed the constant flash of Mistress leg. ;)


Hopefully there'll be another dance in a couple of weeks (it generally depends on the demands of RL on those involved). And there'll likely be another fairly geeky theme. Yes, one topic of conversation was ideas for future dress themes, and I was given the task of recording them. And record them I did. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment