2014-02-18

Banished

The second part of last Friday's allowance payment got delayed yesterday (RL being what RL is). So, a little earlier, I met up with Miss Vila and she put me in my bane suit:


We had a little chat about how it would work, and what restrictions there would be (a lot), and then the helmet was locked in place:


Miss Vila then decided that she didn't want me just hanging around the house, workshop or even the region for four hours. So, after giving the problem some thought...


...she decided that she'd drop me on the mainland somewhere and deny teleporting too.


After one final check of timers and restrictions she headed home and left me to have an adventure. I know I'm somewhere on Zindra, that's it. I can't talk. I can't IM. I have no access to inventory or any offered notecards, etc. I have no map, mini-map and I can't see the name of any region I'm in. I'm locked into the bane helmet's windlight settings so I'm not even sure if it's day or night.

There's also a bunch of things I have to be careful not to do or the timer will go up. One of the key ones is that, every so often, I have to demonstrate that I'm not away from the keyboard (the helmet asks a question and I have to reply pretty quickly or the timer increases). Meanwhile Mistress has left incoming IMs turned on (normally it'd be off). This means that I have to concentrate on being in-world if I'm in-world (so no letting the timer run down a little while I write this blog entry) and I better not get lost in reading group chat or I'll miss the question/answer.

For the next four hours all I can do is wander around the mainland, exploring, seeing what's there and having no idea where I am. I've not done this sort of thing for a long time. The last time I did anything like this was way before I even started this blog.

I'm both apprehensive and excited.

Expect more photos. ;)

Edit to add: There are more photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment