2015-06-20

Some new shackles

Given my current status these days I don't really have much call for 24/7 cuffs or shackles of any sort. Back when I was owned by Miss Vila I almost always had a set of Real Restraint Elegance Cuffs locked on; they've always been a favourite of mine in that they look big and heavy and they're all metal but they also look smart.

I still need and use cuffs these days, of course, but that's mostly for product building and testing purposes. For that I have an old set of Elegance Cuffs, with all their scripts removed (the full-blown RR cuffs are a little heavy on the script count, it has to be said), and with a hybrid LockGuard/LockMeister script in them (that's also no-script safe too, which can come in handy at times).

After today though I think I might move over to something new:


These are the wrist cuffs for a set of cuffs from Dutchie. I first noticed them in the advertising material for Froukje's latest release. While I don't in any way want to diminish how important a role the female model plays in the advertising images (wink) one of the first things I noticed was how good the cuffs looked in the photos.

And now I've got a set.

They're just the sort of thing I like; while elegant-looking they also look solid and look like they'll hold up against all sorts of wear.

The really great thing is that they're a single mesh object, not a linkset. This made sizing them to fit my male frame really easy. Also, because they're copy and modify, I can make a few different sets for different needs.


They also have a spec map applied for those who run with ALM, which means they nicely catch the light as this sort of metal would. Here's a little video where I try and show this off (please forgive the shaky camera work -- controlling the SpaceNavigator when in this close is kind of tricky, I find).


While they come scripted to work with LockGuard furniture (so perfect for all Z&A hold/display products that use chains, for example) they won't work for LockMeister items (not really so common with furniture these days, but not uncommon for when working with other restraints). So, for example, out of the box they won't work with the Z&A Yoke. Again though, because they're modify (oh how I do love when people leave modify on for their products!), that's easily fixed because I can just swap the scripting for the hybrid script I mention at the start.

They're a great addition to my folder full of cuffs in my inventory. I suspect they'll get a fair bit of use when it comes to building and testing my own products -- and they'll also be my preference when I need cuffs on an outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment